Saturday, January 10, 2009

my disposition 2

Without wishing to put too fine a point on it (particularly since that is one phrase the literal meaning of which I don't fully understand), I am of the opinion that medication I was on until five days ago put me in a rather unfortunate mental state, which possibly I am still coming down from, or I am just understandably and naturally pissed off that I wasted a few weeks being in an unfortunate mental state. It was certainly having an adverse affect physically as it was giving me muscle cramps etc and then I did some medical journal research (gosh that sounds important but what I mean is, an hour or so typing keywords into a journal search engine) and found some material that suggested to me that my suspicions were correct (and another that would have suggested to me, if this was my inclination, that the opposite was the case, but to an extent I know what I know about what that stuff was doing to me). Anyway I got a replacement medicine which my doctor had to get clearance from Canberra for (!!!) and which may make my arms ache, though this hasn't happened yet. It's anti-cholesterol medicine. Last night Annabel and I discovered the joys - and I do mean the joys - of the Sensational Alex Harvey Band. You should check them out, you will love them. Word has it they were very important to Nick Cave and his chums when they were starting out. Annabel was particularly interested in this connection and pointed out many elements in common between SAHB and certain earlier Cave works, such as 'Zoo Music Girl' and 'Cry' from the Prayers on fire album. This morning Annabel left for Albury, ready to spread the news about the Sensational Alex Harvey Band, a hot new act they haven't heard about in Albury yet, but which will no doubt mean a lot to them. I'm going to do some weeding and mulching (that is not code).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

They sound like the missing link between The Birthday Party, ACDC and Skyhooks, but is that a good thing?

David Nichols said...

That is the question I think Dorian

Ann ODyne said...

Release The Thunderstruck Balwyn Batwomen In Black Uniform ?

re medications: I laughed like a madwoman when AmyWinehouse was having her recent meltdown due to ingesting anything and everything indiscriminately and without medical supervision, intentionally and over a prolonged period, and then when she got medical attention to end this, she was rushed to emergency because supervised prescribed medication caused AN ADVERSE REACTION.

David Nichols said...

Good point Ann. Just to clarify - though of course one can recreate oneself in any way one wants on a blog - I am a simple organism and do not lead a Winehousesque existence.

Anonymous said...

I loves me some Zal Clemenson!

David Nichols said...

I agree Dan he has a certain je sais quoi (clown make-up) and a fine style. Looking at him in action I wonder about further applications (so to speak) of clown make-up in day-to-day life.

Anonymous said...

As in, say, scaring the living shit out of all you come in contact with?

David Nichols said...

Well as you may know I work in tertiary education and... yes.

weekend

I just get so tired. I have been extremely exhausted on weekends recently. But it might be because of the heatwaves.  So, see below. Do you ...