Wednesday, October 15, 2008

i always thought this was a great record

and I still play it occasionally. It never occurred to me until just then, though, that there was a video etc.

I don't really know the Reynolds Girls' story though and neither this rather patronising film snippet (I have to say I agree totally with Pete Waterman in the stuff he says around 2:07 about the arrogance of the program this is from - even if he doesn't really bother to say what he means properly - and totally disagree with him that you can't sell people stuff they 'don't believe in' though I have no idea what that means) nor the Wikipedia entry help much.



Their fan is an interesting man though. He seems to live in quite a posh house.

I also always enjoyed the fact that even though it's about teenagers pissed off about not hearing 'their music' on the radio, it was written by a man in his thirties.

Love the quote 'You just wish they would jack off and didn't ever come on the scene'

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pardon my ignorance and glaring lack of connection with youth culture past and present - but just what is to "jack"?? Surely too the Reynolds Girls tap into the same vein of angst expressed by Morrissey when he sang "Hang the DJ...because the music that they constantly play says nothing to me about my life..."

David Nichols said...

One of the Reynolds girls explains it in the clip, Emily. It's not about Whispering Jack, if that's what you were thinking.

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess we should be thankful for small mercies, David.

no pants today

Today I hastened to what has become known as the pants tree to see what pants were on the tree today. Disappointingly, the pants choice repr...