Monday, February 27, 2006

b l ic m ort co

The facelift of the western end of Flinders St is hastening, and it's like the flyover was never there. I saw a billboard advertising a fairly ghastly looking (in my opinion) building on the south-west corner but I think there should be something there. I believe that this was once the site of the fish market. A view of the rail bridge is not particularly necessary.

I very much like the Baltic Imports building though, I suppose a last vestige of the Flinders St - Fish connection. I wonder if it is saveable. It's not a building, it's three, and they look Georgian.

Oh, I'm tired. I think I will have a drop of Rawson's Retreat.

2 comments:

Wayne Davidson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wayne Davidson said...

Great Melbourne signage too. Even/possibly better with some of the letters gone.

maribyrnong walk yesterday

Yesterday Perry and I went to an old favourite of ours, Afton Street Conservation Reserve. At least, we tried to. I overshot trying to find ...