Monday, February 06, 2006

b-b-breakdown

Yes, in times of stress of course Buzzcocks songs come to be as titles for postings. I just had a white-knuckle ride when the Honda broke down about three times after leaving Randall and Carla's house. It stalled once last night (I was obviously so traumatised by that I didn't even mention it in the previous posting) and we even called the RACV but the guy could find nothing wrong. This time I called the RACV and they said they'd be there in an hour and a half which wasn't much fun but in fact they were there in about 15 minutes which was. The problem is the carburettor was flooding. So funnily enough whereas I thought I could just about handle a slow drive through the backstreets home, in fact I had to get on the accelerator full-on and drive on a fast road. That's stressful. Remember (or regardez) I did not get my license till I was 35. My attitude to driving is a cross between a very old person's, and a very stupid person's.

I finished my presentation for the conference on Thursday today and I am impressed with myself that I seem likely to not be working on the damn thing the night before, like I usually do. The paper itself isn't bad I suppose either. It's so different from the published version it's, well, almost completely different. I'm looking forward to the conference and I've never been to Wellington and everything I've heard about it makes it sound really cool.

No comments:

the early 70s was all juxtaposition

October 1970, everyone had their arms out in the air, from Barbra to, um, whoever that is on the left, to Thumbelina. This is from the Sprin...