Sunday, August 09, 2026

tallinn 9 july - 1

Early(ish) morning walk with Steve, we went to Kiosk no. 4, hard recommend their double espresso offering, and they have this kind of - um - is it a pastry? Tomato and olive, anyway. Sort of like a pulla actually I suppose. Anyway after that he recommended we have a look at the Volta neighbourhood, which was ridiculously near where we were staying, so we did. 

Whatever this looks like I gather it is 19th century factory walls readying themselves to be refurbished as residences (or maybe offices?). 


Shambolic

Or perhaps snabbolic ('snabb' means 'snap', does that make any sense to you -?)

Google translate tells me that 'Krulli moodi kodud' means 'homes like a curl', but there has to be more to it. 

Well... sorry.


These are glass bricks, btw.

As the Village People sang, you can't escape the bullshit.



No comments:

prayers to sweet granny lard for some sanity

I suppose it's Trump that is making me so sick of America. I was listening to Conan O'Brien's podcast which I often do, and he w...