After the art museum Franziska went back to the accomm as she and Steve had been to the architecture museum the day before when I was in Tartu.
So much great stuff here, in some ways it's even more innovative than the art museum but let's not make it a competition.
The main (?) ground floor area of this museum has a lot of models - really exceptional.
One of the models is a commissioned (?) or at least purpose-built art piece of a model of a high-rise residential complex with a script attached describing perspectives of stakeholders.
Then there's a children's exhibition, in the basement, which should be compulsory for all attendees, it asks (and answers?) the hard questions...
Upstairs is an exhibition of work by the architect Miia Masso, a fascinating career from the 60s to the present day, like the art in the museum, it feels like a parallel universe, not always looking to the rest of the world. But of it.
Well, the architecture museum was not just a museum but also a resource on Estonian architecture and I gleaned a little bit of information on Ernst Kesa, who I had never been able to get much background on in Australia. He was an Estonian refugee to Australia in the 1940s whose best-known Australian work, I think, is Nauru House.
No comments:
Post a Comment