Monday, August 24, 2026

saturday was frenetic 2 - the meeniyan store & cafe

Meeniyan is a good place to stop. Once again the op shop is good (once again I didn't buy anything but that's just what they're like isn't it). The The Meeniyan Store & Cafe is great, coffee was excellent (did I tell you the previous two days I had been relying on coffee I had put in a thermos on day 1 but didn't drink? Heated up nicely but it was dicey!) and they have comics to read.


This was a reminder of something I knew but was still surprised to be reminded of - that the comics I grew up with sucked. Did I read Richie Rich uncritically in the day? I think I probably thought it was fantastical and that's that, but it is really amazing that Donald Trump exists that this kind of ludicrous shit was, I guess, popular. 

So as you can see, Richie causes a city to exist where no one is ever told 'no', and these kids all embrace it and there are no consequences and they do what they want. 

Look at what happened to Fred Trump Sr's statue! Anyway, there is more weirdness than this... see (below) that boy in the fourth frame?

How did he get black in the first frame of this page? 

Anyway, this ends stupidly the way it started and the way it was all the way through. 

Although I liked the way Richie had a stroke in the last frame. 

So, I know I was not that credulous as a junior reader because I knew this wasn't possible, although I could not imagine what they actually would look like. 


There was also a Donald Duck comic which was about as bad. Whatever, as I would have said when I was five and I will say now, I read 'em! 

No comments:

saturday was frenetic 2 - the meeniyan store & cafe

Meeniyan is a good place to stop. Once again the op shop is good (once again I didn't buy anything but that's just what they're ...