Friday, April 12, 2024

dryburgh


Here's a dull observation. I noticed this morning that there is a sign in the Gardiner Reserve (around the corner from this house) which designates a path in the park as part of Dryburgh St. I found this a bit stupid then I realised in fact that probably is official Dryburgh St as council (or someone) has taken a long wide street/avenue, and turned one lane into a path and expanded (or maybe just maintained) the central park space as an extension of Gardiner Reserve. You can see in the 1966 map below that it narrowed at this point even then but whoever was doing the colour was careful to denote that the space to the left of the road was not park. I wonder if there were ever other buildings? It's possible. Also, I wonder about the continuation of O'Shannassy St through the park. That was meaningless. 


No comments:

emily symons speaks out! thirty four years ago!

As is so often the case with these interviews, I have precisely no memory of meeting Emily Symons, though you'd think I would because I ...