Saturday, April 13, 2024

another mystery

 

I have often wondered about the casque atop 304 Racecourse Road, Flemington, but usually I only wonder about it for the time it takes for me to cross the road from Cheaper Buy Miles/KFL (two of my common weekly shopping stops) to the tram stop, then there are other things to think about. Well I am not really in a position to say anything more than that. A hundred years ago this building was a real estate agent (V. J. Rawsthorn acting on behalf of Sydney, Arnold, Best & Co; in 1929 SAB sold the business to Rawsthorn), but the structure in question looks more than a hundred years old. I think (they changed the numbering sometime in the early 20th century) that even in 1900 it was an estate agent - A. D. Langridge - but I wouldn't swear to that. 

Anyway I just want to know what's in it and why it's there, not even in that order.  

No comments:

more pants

  I just feel like the explanation for this is going to be so banal I am going to regret having ever thought about it. Hopefully I never enc...