Monday, April 08, 2024

miffy marsh not in at the moment

For no special reason I got momentarily interested in Miffy Marsh, a channel 9 (mainly, though also a 7 and ABC) presenter who spent fifty years of her life as partner to Ernie Carroll, and no doubt doing many other things as well though I don't know what. Part of me being interested was discovering that she and her policeman husband Arthur lived in Box Hill. Since I had to go to Box Hill yesterday anyway, I figured I should spend a little moment checking out what a 1960s tv star's house looked like. They lived in at least two places, around the corner from each other. The above is the house listed in the 1960 Sands and MacDougall as Arthur Marsh's house. This is probably the house where Arthur 'pushed' Miffy to audition as a presenter. Below is the house they lived in when he died, in 1972, of causes presently unknown to me (it wasn't reported in the papers - ?!). 


Age 25 June 1959




No comments:

emily symons speaks out! thirty four years ago!

As is so often the case with these interviews, I have precisely no memory of meeting Emily Symons, though you'd think I would because I ...