Friday, April 19, 2024

maribyrnong walk yesterday

Yesterday Perry and I went to an old favourite of ours, Afton Street Conservation Reserve. At least, we tried to. I overshot trying to find the way to the carpark across the river and when finally parked, was completely baffled by the extensive walk on the south side of the Maribyrnong to get there. We did finally get there but by that time there was almost no time, so most of our walk was walking there. Who cares right. We did get a chance to examine a few of the amazing houses (well really, the amazing gardens of the probably average houses) backing on to the river road (which I think is called Chifley Road). Here's one with what is probably not actually a peacock but a statue of a peacock, but tbh I'm still not entirely sure.  

I felt like every time I looked away from it it looked right at me, but that's probably proof of the illusion because why would a bird look right at you? That would be the moment it couldn't see you at all. 




So yes there does seem to be a tendency for animal statues in the gardens. But some are just big stretches of grass... 



This last one is just a bonus near where we parked. Pretty amazing. It seems to have very extensive open space underneath. 

No comments:

emily symons speaks out! thirty four years ago!

As is so often the case with these interviews, I have precisely no memory of meeting Emily Symons, though you'd think I would because I ...