Thursday, December 27, 2007

from my diary, 27 Jan 1998

Went to see Will Oldham on Saturday it was really hot in there, there was a thunderstorm going on out in the street. That followed on from four hours or so at the Builders' Arms for Ellen's 24th birthday. We gave her the Kinks' greatest hits. I have to see B--- L--- in two days and get over this fucking literature survey hurdle. Or my thesis is screwed. Just spoke to G-- on the phone. J--- F--- died on Friday. He was just talking and fell unconscious. I read about it in the paper on Saturday. Having left a message on Friday night dithering about how we couldn't record on Sunday...

Looked after Alice for a hour and a bit last week. She told me silly people had spiders' webs for wallpaper 'and spiders for their toys'. Tamsin said Alice has a lot to say about silly people.

2 comments:

Ben.H said...

Was this at The Corner? A friend of mine dragged me along to that gig. I mostly remember it being full of creepy fanboys silently mouthing the lyrics. I hope you didn't have a bike chained up outside, which got hopelessly munted through the best intentions.

poplod! (thank you, word verification)

David Nichols said...

It probably was at the Corner, Ben, at least, I do remember seeing WO at the Corner at least once, though I am pretty sure I've also seen him at the Punters. Diaries! They raise more questions than they answer.

the early 70s was all juxtaposition

October 1970, everyone had their arms out in the air, from Barbra to, um, whoever that is on the left, to Thumbelina. This is from the Sprin...