Sunday, July 19, 2020

north melbourne housing commission




So I have been going past these North Melbourne housing commission flats a little bit in the last few weeks and documenting their demolition, some were aesthetically gorgeous (the ones with the rotary clotheslines on the roof) and some less so, in my opinion. I gather the plan is to rebuild sustainable affordable/social housing on the block. I am a little suspicious of this kind of shizzle but at this point let's just remember how this block was an experimental/model space for the Housing Commission of Victoria in the 1940s and there were multiple walk-up flats built over time and just imagine all the lives and experiences and generations played out in this area. 

No comments:

maribyrnong walk yesterday

Yesterday Perry and I went to an old favourite of ours, Afton Street Conservation Reserve. At least, we tried to. I overshot trying to find ...