Tuesday, July 14, 2020

flexible tuesday

It is the evening of a day I boasted to some colleagues was a 'flexible Tuesday' in case there was anything they needed me to do on a particular project that's been hanging around like a really nice constant smell for some years now and which might actually be submitted for funding sometime before the end of everyone's life. Well, I did manage to make this the fourth day in a row when I exceeded 10 000 steps - it's harder than you'd think and time consuming. This time I walked to the chef supplies shop in Elizabeth st, the (QVM) market, and an asian supermarket, each time I went in I put a mask on, Laura was nice enough to make me some great masks and they work really well but yes, how do you stop them misting up your glasses?! Either hold your breath or don't wear your glasses all the time - obvs. Still, it's a drag. That walk accounted for 6000 steps, a little more. Then in the evening my brother Michael came by and we traversed the 'Royal' Park a little bit and I got up to 12000, it is really wearing me out but I assume that's a hump you get over. 

Now, I'm about to go driving to Richmond to drop off some tapes to Al. I'll tell you about the tapes later OK, I have to do this now. 

Playlist for today: Godley and Creme Freeze Frame; Pere Ubu Song of the Bailing Man; Snowy Band Audio Commentary; Summer Flake Whatever the Second Album's Called - I think it might be Hello Friends? Also, finally started listening to the most recent Philip Pullman novel as audio book. 

No comments:

today's pants

  Yesterday was a no pants day, and since it was also a public holiday, I think we could develop a theory the perp is a worker in the area, ...