Sunday, January 14, 2018

Summer Gold: Telex's 'Twist A San Tropez'

You can read about Telex in their wikipedia entry. Belgium has done so much!!!

I can see how one might imagine Telex to be the poor man's Kraftwerk or perhaps the poor man's Flying Lizards if it comes to that. The song is a cover of a 1961 track by the French group Les Chats Sauvages, written by Andre Salvet, Guy Lafitte and Martial Solal, who weren't in the band and I don't know who they were/are. I remember this record from when I was 14/15 and I remember finding the video in particular to be absolutely dazzling:



It was funny and preposterous in equal measure and I loved (love) that. Listening to it in the car I note also there is a percussion sound which bounces around the stereo spectrum in a highly amusing manner. Well done, everybody.


No comments:

warning gross adult content

This is not the adult content precisely though I suppose it depends on your adult imagination. Two things about this, which I saw this morni...