Thursday, June 30, 2011

starlight in a puddle

I took the dogs out at 6.30 this morning, much earlier than usual, and as we were crossing the bridge saw what I thought was an early cyclist heading to the city. Oddly at the end of the bridge it stopped and then went on, but I figured, just adjusting his or her apparatus. Its light went on ahead of us for some time then seemed to career off the road and into the grass, lying there. I thought the cyclist had fallen asleep at the bars... then (it was still pretty dark) I couldn't see anything but the light and a black patch. I thought I had imagined it all and I was just looking at starlight in a puddle.

Then it leapt up and ran off. It was a dog with a big light on. Charlie went crazy. It kept a distance of about 250 m ahead of us for the next 20 minutes then disappeared.

I don't know if that's an interesting story or not, but as my grandmother Mavis used to say, it was something that happened.

2 comments:

Ann ODyne said...

"Charlie went crazy" - he wants a light too. He also wants to flop in the grass for a short read.

David Nichols said...

We have a dog light, actually, it's bone-shaped and red. Scary.

weekend

I just get so tired. I have been extremely exhausted on weekends recently. But it might be because of the heatwaves.  So, see below. Do you ...