Sunday, September 21, 2008

voice from beyond

My god I was in Coles before looking for nuttelex (more on this later) and Marc Hunter's 'Big City Talk' came over the PA. I felt both pleased and spooked. Of course I have been dwelling a lot on Marc lately so I was happy to hear from him. I have already (tried to) put 'Big City Talk' up here and don't like to repeat myself but whew, this amazing clip for the amazing 'This Time' incredulates me, and how about Todd's boot-pant thing! It is so sad that this was a couple of weeks (? or less?) after Neil Storey died and they either hadn't replaced him yet or didn't want Kerry Jacobson to have to pretend he was playing on this song. I notice that there was a clever decision to keep them away from any locals in the Cross as they would have towered over them, it would have looked fake. Although their size proportionate to the average Australian car gives it away at the end. (* By the way the person who wrote the paragraph that for some reasons starts this clip is a dolt. 'This time' was their third Australian single after 'Starkissed' and 'Wait'.)

No comments:

the early 70s was all juxtaposition

October 1970, everyone had their arms out in the air, from Barbra to, um, whoever that is on the left, to Thumbelina. This is from the Sprin...