Friday, February 22, 2008

well, actually...

I think he has been made aware that he is, in fact a dog not my mother's youngest baby, so that's probably a good thing, in the sense that disillusionment is probably when all's said and done at the end of the day, a good thing. No amount of rehabilitation/ surgery/ skilled lying by those around will make him less of a dog and more of a person.

I do note an interesting degree of factionalism. As I mentioned, yesterday it was Kenzie and Charlie on patrol. Last night it was Kenzie and Millie guarding the house (from us) when we came home. This morning it was also Kenzie and Millie at the back door, with Charlie in her crows' nest position at Mia's alpine yert (stop me if I am being ridiculously obtuse with this detail). I am not sure whether these divides are real or whether it's just Kenzie does what he does, Millie doesn't care what he does, and Charlie does, so when she gets pissed off she pisses off; or whether perhaps Kenzie is up to some politicking.

Whatever, as you can see, it fascinates me like so many things with no possible solution.

No comments:

today's pants