Saturday, September 17, 2005

maybe the world is passing me by

I have been watching this Welsh detective/police show lately, called A Mind to Kill. It's on channel 7 or 9 or something after midnight on Tuesdays. I like the fact that it's Welsh and it's two hours long. Neither of these are probably really sensible reasons to watch something. Anyway last week's was so poor I don't think I'll watch it again. The denouenment was so lame it made the previous 1 hour 55 mins seem rambling and mediocre. But (hist!) maybe this is just a sign that cultural expectations and understandings and detours have passed me by, and I just wasn't told? Because the reason I found the whole thing lame was, that the person everyone suspected turned out to have done it. Maybe these hyperaware kids you hear about all the time have a different set of switches when it comes to this kind of thing. Perhaps I should be more attuned to plot formulations etc etc etc. Or maybe it was just lame. Or maybe both.

No comments:

weekend

I just get so tired. I have been extremely exhausted on weekends recently. But it might be because of the heatwaves.  So, see below. Do you ...