A record fair at Northcote Theatre which to be honest got me riled up a bit, sorry, I know what a cliche I am but there was just way too much Pink Floyd and Fleetwood Mac for sale and I cbf. I wanted to get Laura a copy of Abba's album The Visitors but I couldn't find any and I also wasn't sure whether Abba counted as '70s pop' or '80s pop' or 'Female', presumably they are not 'Male'. There was one stall which was totally random about whether it categorised solo artists by first or last name, maybe they had their reasons but that bugged me, let's be honest, the whole thing bugged me. One positive was that I sold my copy of Hex Enduction Hour at Eddy's stall, apparently for way cheaper than I might conceivably have sold it but as I said to Eddy and Guy, I should have taken it into the street and smashed it I feel so much better not having that racist bullshit in the house. I know what you're going to say - I still have my copy of Don Juan's Reckless Daughter in the original sleeve but, well, perhaps there's a difference between a song about how much someone hates seeing black people on tv and a picture of someone pretending to be a black person because they like black people. But I admit both positions are entitled and it's troublesome and I'm going to work on how I feel about it.
Have you been to this place? It's the Uniting Church op shop in High Street Northcote and it's freakin' amazing.
Go!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment