Tuesday, May 28, 2024

implant

 

I had stage one of my implant this morning and it was less appalling than I thought it would be (so far). Turns out there is a zone between absolute dread and not even thinking about something at all, and it really helps you cope with the reality of the inevitable, that someone (a perfectly competent and skilled someone but someone nonetheless) is going to drill a hole in your jaw to stick a screw in it. The screw is then affixed with a cap and left for a couple of months and then the implant is screwed on top of it. That, at least, is how I understand it. Perhaps I am mixing up what I was told with the graphics in ads you get in the dodgiest part of the internet (that I go). They didn't give me a mud pack btw. 

So, having got through that, I am now watching Hidden Assets, an Irish-Belgian (I think) co-production about organised crime-terrorism-hiding assets and Taking. It. Easy. 

By the way, when I came back from the dentist Perry thought I smelt really interesting. I wonder if it was the chemicals or the blood. Both perhaps. But he was sympathetic. 


No comments:

the flagstaff hotel, who knew

...a lot of people probably but I didn't. I have started (gulp) watching Division 4. This is an establishing shot from the episode '...