Saturday, May 25, 2024

aberfeldie

Yesterday Perry and I went for a drive without really knowing where we'd end up but in the end we ended up in Aberfeldie. Here is a fetching design to alert you to the presence of some drinking taps at what looks like some kind of running track. 

Here's Perry getting a good view of everything in a kind of imperious pose that is actually all front really. He had to be helped up onto this wall (he wanted to be up there though) and also helped down. 


Here's a deco house I quite liked. 
A walkway alongside some flats. We went down here but there was nothing to see but a carpark. 


I was slightly interested in this church. 

Mainly because it had these flats alongside it. 
I want to tell you something. There is no Saint Kinnord, there never was a Saint Kinnord, the only St Kinnord you will find anywhere in the world is St Kinnord st. Doesn't it seem weird that there's a church in it. Because St Kinnord is a fake saint. 
Something new being built.
Cool verandah on 70sish house. 
Got a bit late to this one

I liked this but I don't think the photograph does it justice.



And finally here we are leaving the area I just have some questions about this hotel, the Waterloo:

Were those blank windows ever windows? Why then were they bricked in? And was there an expectation when this building was constructed that there would be a building of equal size next to it (effectively, behind it)? The ornate street side, and the bald side seen here, are just such a contrast. 

No comments:

the flagstaff hotel, who knew

...a lot of people probably but I didn't. I have started (gulp) watching Division 4. This is an establishing shot from the episode '...