Tuesday, February 06, 2024

do you like the bleeding obvious


I was randomly looking through old posts and thought of this one, christ those people are now approaching forty (they're probably 37ish). I assume this is about Deakin students but I was trying, I suppose, to deidentify them so I wasn't specific about the subject, even the campus. But in any case that's the reality - they would have been 18 or so, and it's 18 and a half years ago. I don't really know why this is even worth mentioning, that people who were born in (say) 1987 are going to be 37 this year, except I suppose when I distill it I realise I have been blogging a long time. Yeah, that's probably the crux of my engagement with that stupid, irrelevant, idiotic short post. 

I also have precisely no recollection of any of the students from that time. Sorry if you were one of them, but I am guessing you probably weren't. I do know that those kids never said anything about hoping to read my blog in 2024. 

I reckon I only started being interested in teaching around 2005. Certainly, when it was suggested to me that I could get some tutoring work at Deakin, where I was doing my PhD, it had never occurred to me that I could, would or even should do that kind of job (I know people say things like that and you go, 'sure', but honestly, I remember the conversation with my supervisor - we were driving along Glenferrie Road Malvern, I have no idea why - and it was a novel concept to me). 

By the way the above picture is AI's idea of 'the bleeding obvious 2005' without cows, people or blood (it gave me two bloody images so I had to specify no blood). Thanks AI I think you nailed it



No comments:

woodlands park yesterday

New build mansion in Providence Road