Sunday, February 04, 2024

mr and mrs smith etc


I am not unenjoying this show Mr and Mrs Smith. I was attracted to it because I like Donald Glover but now I also really like Maya Erskine. This is a snazzily clever show, well, I'm three eps in and I'd say that their relationship probably got too deep unrealistically fast considering they are such a couple of prickly, sardonic, tough people but I am ultimately going to let that pass because overall it's a good time. 

Particularly episode 3 when they go to a ski resort, couldn't be a better thing to watch on the hottest day of this summer. 

Yes, I am using AI to get images for my posts (not the shots off the screen above but the top picture and the one below). The one above is passable, barely, but the one below shows that AI doesn't know who Maya Erskine is, at all, but it figures this was kind of woman who would hang out with Donald Glover. 

Anyway so Perry and I have been stuck indoors most of the day aside from a quickish walk in Fairfield this morning around 6. 

He has been pretty good, sleeping largely though we have played a few games. we've listened to a few albums, Bushwalking, one of the Finnhits compilations, the 5th Dimension, can't remember what else. I have tidied up and thrown out a bunch of stuff... I found an old history essay I wrote thirty years ago about Erskineville, which I will probably post here at some point. It only got 73% but it's not much worse than most of my work really. 

No comments:

steve albini died

I am affected enough by the death of Steve Albini that I just went on social media about it, though just a generic vale, not to brag that I ...