Saturday, May 08, 2021

great mysteries

How on earth are decisions like this made? Neither Ram nor Venus and Mars are PmcC solo albums, but if 'solo album' means 'since the Beatles', why no Band on the Run? Not that I rank that particularly highly. As I bragged to Laura the other week, my Wings most favourite-least favourite list is Speed of Sound, Back to the Egg, Wild Life, Red Rose Speedway (2LP vers), V&M, BOTR, London Town. Although TBH I expect to revise my opinion of London Town someday, so watch out BOTR. Carmel gave me a copy of V&M for my birthday which is nice to have, with the cool posters (and sticker!). So I went to sleep before 9, woke up at 2 and have been awake hanging with cats and reading. It's been good.  Should get a copy of McCartney III.
 

2 comments:

lucy tartan said...

None of the eight records pictured have any person but Sir Paul on the cover, maybe that’s the criteria

David said...

That's not untrue but also, Red Rose Speedway for instance had him on the cover, and blah blah blah

emily symons speaks out! thirty four years ago!

As is so often the case with these interviews, I have precisely no memory of meeting Emily Symons, though you'd think I would because I ...