Monday, May 31, 2021

Koskenlaskijan morsian (1923)

'The silent drama The Bride of the Rafters (1923), directed by Erkki Karu, is based on Väinö Kataja's novel of the same name. In Perä-Pohjola, the mutual resentment of the hosts of Nuottaniemi and Paloniemi (Konrad Tallroth, Jaakko Korhonen) causes a dangerous situation during rafting. Hanna (Heidi Korhonen) from Nuottaniemi rescues Juhan (Einari Rinne) from Paloniemi and his beloved Koskenalusta Ant (Oiva Soini) from a ferry that broke down with a brave action.'








Great stuff except it keeps stalling at the 50 minute mark just as the rafts are coming back from Lapland.

I have been to Perä-Pohjola, though I don't remember it, but the map tells me that when I took the bus from Luleå to the railway station at Kemi (i.e. the southernmost land route between Sweden and Finland) I passed through it. 

No comments:

emily symons speaks out! thirty four years ago!

As is so often the case with these interviews, I have precisely no memory of meeting Emily Symons, though you'd think I would because I ...