Saturday, May 22, 2021

army of the dead

I am currently as I write watching Army of the Dead really only for the entire reason that Tig Notaro is in it, not being funny or anything, just being herself but I am kind of up for anything with her in it. I was also entranced by the idea that apparently she shot all her scenes alone and was either cut and pasted into scenes or is just alone. 

Anyway, I don't have much more to say about it, I'm not that thrilled by it so far but it's fast-paced and seems to take on tropes I am pretty used to. That said, I have a feeling I'm going to be looking up the plot on wikipedia before too long. 

The music used in the film is contemporary covers of old songs. What's that about.

No comments:

emily symons speaks out! thirty four years ago!

As is so often the case with these interviews, I have precisely no memory of meeting Emily Symons, though you'd think I would because I ...