Saturday, April 04, 2020

helmi

So this is what is known about Helmi so far: she is about three years old, she had a massive litter of kittens once, she likes to hide under the couch i.e. where the action is but always able to retreat; she sometimes comes out and does a nervous tour of the room and then returns. She likes pats, food, and she sometimes does odd things like sit and meow while looking you (ie me) in the eye.

Nancy is not outright hostile, which I'm taking as a very good sign. Nancy will sometimes sit in the doorway and look at Helmi. She (N.) has hissed a couple of times but that's just another word for hello.

'Helmi' was the best of the 25 most popular Finnish names for girls, 'best' including 'not identical with an anglo name'.

By the way yes there is a cat tower. I thought if I don't want Nancy to shred the couch - and I don't - I have to at least give her an option. She has no interest whatsoever in the cat tower but Helmi is very interested in it, not to the point of going inside it but she gravitates towards it every time she does a room tour. Something about it, but I don't know what. 

No comments:

the early 70s was all juxtaposition

October 1970, everyone had their arms out in the air, from Barbra to, um, whoever that is on the left, to Thumbelina. This is from the Sprin...