Sunday, April 26, 2020

friends

I've been getting a lot of these kinds of requests lately, more on instagram (a couple a day) than on facebook, but this one is easier to post here, the instagram ones are of course tiny. I am also getting tagged in vanilla (I believe the expression goes) but nonetheless sexualised posts on insta. It's pretty interesting. If fb/insta knew me anywhere near as much as it thinks it does, it would know this kind of thing is not attractive to me in any way. It is interesting to me, because I am interested in the world, but I would never follow my interest in what Bonita Bunting is supposed to be offering to me by friending him/her or clicking on the WhatsApp link. (I know there's something wrong with me but I am genuinely offended by photographs of nude people, as much as I am offended by images of dead people and don't start me on dead animals.)

Bonita's face is kind of haunting because her features look slightly too big for her head - sorry sweetheart if this is a real picture of a real person, I'm sure your head will grow, just like that pineapple behind you has grown though hopefully not quite as much - she has the air of a 99% perfect photoshop. I note also she currently has precisely no friends, which I guess means either that she was launched onto the fb world to 5 million 55-y-o men at once, or that I am very special to her in her young widowhood.

Probably her husband was a soldier, hence the poppies on her head today. I don't know if I could be brave or resilient enough for her in contrast with him, though by the same token, he's a dead and I'm an alive.

No comments:

today's pants