Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Millie


I wonder if you remember the remarkable book Marianne Dreams by Catherine Storr, I believe it was later made into a scary film called Paperhouse or something. The book had a huge affect on me in my younger days particularly the notion of the rocks with eyes that move imperceptibly but undeniably towards the house where Marianne and Mark are sheltering.
Millie has also read this book and, while she doesn't quite have the attention span to be grimly motionlessly menacing, she does have tenacity when she wants something, in this case, to get in. I couldn't work out why, but since it is Millie we're talking about, probably something to do with food.
My old (staggeringly ancient might be a better way of putting it) friend Gilmore might like to know that, when she does finally make good on her threat to travel here and stay chez lorraine, this is the friendly prospect that greets visitors from the guest bedroom. It has little eyes.

No comments:

maribyrnong walk yesterday

Yesterday Perry and I went to an old favourite of ours, Afton Street Conservation Reserve. At least, we tried to. I overshot trying to find ...