Thursday, February 19, 2009

human league are coming to town

I have seen the Human League twice - once in 1982 or 3 just after Dare became a monster success, and once about three or four years ago when they were part of an 80s package. Both times they were gloriously naff. They're coming again. I still reckon Travelogue is the best album but that's me. Hope to see them this time. When I was in the final year of high school someone of my cohort* wrote 'Phil Oakey has pierced nipples' on the wall of the 'common room' and the whole year level was berated for what a teacher took to be a slight on some acquaintance rather than a statement of fact about a cool alternative new wave pop singer from Sheffield.

*It could have been me but it's hard to imagine I would even know what this meant at the time.

No comments:

no pants today

Today I hastened to what has become known as the pants tree to see what pants were on the tree today. Disappointingly, the pants choice repr...