Saturday, February 28, 2009

another crack at the same gem

I am intrigued by this version of 'This time' from Countdown, mainly because they're clearly not singing the same stuff as on the actual record, yet they (or Marc in particular) is plainly miming - badly, as usual. Still completely majestic. Poor Kerry Jacobson - pretending to play a dead man's beat. You will note by about 0:55 someone has given Marc a spectral icon to bandy.
Look I know it's been 32 years now, so I really should get over it myself, but I am still amazed that this group could lose their drummer to accidental death from heroin and just shrug and get on with it; I sort of admire it, but I sort of feel freaked out by it too. I suppose it was the times...? But no-one seemed to condemn them at all...?!

No comments:

more teeth

So yesterday (Anzac Day) I became increasingly aware that I had something going on in my jaw. By late in the evening I had become convinced ...