Friday, May 16, 2008

gurus

I am so glad that, whilst listening to Steve Cannane this morning on RN, he did not once refer to Chris Smith as 'our science guru' as Fran Kelly has been so wont to do. The ABC has a thing about gurus (regular RN listeners will note that they have a green one). SC just called him a 'science correspondent'. I suppose in CS's case the guru tag was a flash way of avoiding saying he was a science journalist. Anyway, I find that regarding CS as a science correspondent makes his various stories of mouse experiments far more bearable than if I were to regard him as a guru. And that's all from me with 'Friday morning comment'.

No comments:

maribyrnong walk yesterday

Yesterday Perry and I went to an old favourite of ours, Afton Street Conservation Reserve. At least, we tried to. I overshot trying to find ...