Wednesday, November 29, 2006

nuggetz




These do not deserve individual postings, but together make a delightfully impressionistic clump.

Last night, Charlie stuck her head in an empty Whiskas box and sat there for a lo-o-o-ong time with it on her head. Long enough for me to take several pics with my phone none of which really came out satisfactorily. Guess you had to be there. Oh, and then she tore it to bits.
***
On Saturday we voted at Jacana PS. On the way back I passed four boys age approx 9-10, standing around on a corner poised to ride off on their bikes. One of them said contemptuously to another, 'suck my dick'.
***
Yesterday I was at Castro's ready to buy a coffee and 'Keep on rockin' me baby' by the Steve Miller Band came on the radio. I couldn't believe how instantly and easily I was transported back to school trip to Sherwood Forest, late 1976. I got to sit next to, and talk to, a girl I liked all the way back. It was my first opportunity to demonstrate to my satisfaction what I had long imagined, that I was actually capable of entertaining someone of the opposite sex (to me). I was 11.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was the excursion to Sherwood Forest in episode 5 or 6 of the Wonder Years?

Gotta dash. Gotta a gig with Barnsey.

David Nichols said...

It was the whole of series 2.

No, neither Little John nor Big John were involved.

Anonymous said...

How about Friar Tuck? Always a lot of fun when he's about.

boy moritz said...

11 is too young

Anonymous said...

Too-oo young, don't you think
To-oo promise anythink
Too-oo young, can't you see
Understand me and let me be
Too-oo young, don't you think
To-oo promise anythink
Too-oo young, don't you know
Understand me and let me go
Ooh-ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh-ooh
Ah-ay, I'm too young for promises

weekend

I just get so tired. I have been extremely exhausted on weekends recently. But it might be because of the heatwaves.  So, see below. Do you ...