Wednesday, May 24, 2023

road trip day two (a week ago)

17 May: So I don't know how much driving time/kms we've clocked up yesterday and today, only that it is a lot. We were in Leeton last night and we are near (but not entirely in) Orange tonight. In both cases Perry has been a little freaked out by the unfamiliar surroundings but he eventually adapts. He has been a good traveller, sleeping most of the time. Lucky. 


Coleambally rice apologists
Backs of shops Colleambally. I wanted to photograph their fronts but there is major renovation going on. 
Some bird we saw in Whitton
The famous Griffin water towers. Only one is original. 

For a lot of the journey I listened to a book called Palm Beach, Finland which is a comedy crime thriller by Antti Tuomainen from 2017. For some reason the person reading it has decided that the less sophisticated, criminal types in the book (they are all Finns, ostensibly speaking Finnish) must talk in West Country tones. The characters in the book are constantly looking at each other, it's a nervous tic / punctuation for Tuomainen ('he looked at her. "Well," she said...').

That took forever but once it was over I listened to podcasts for the rest of today's driving. 


No comments:

steve albini died

I am affected enough by the death of Steve Albini that I just went on social media about it, though just a generic vale, not to brag that I ...