Tuesday, May 09, 2023

record label addiction

I can't help thinking I'd really like to put out a few records on a record label. Again. I have had a few labels, they never last long. 

For a long time I have considered putting out six albums on a label called 6 Records. Where there are just six of them. You hold back around 50 of each and put out a special box at the end of all six (for some reason that part of it really appeals to me). 

Today I thought yeah nah to 6 Records (maybe six is too many). I thought of Gold Best Records. I designed the logo and then was annoyed to find that there is or was a Japanese label called Golden Best Records, which also annoyingly has a kind of stylised sun (a lot less messy though) as the 'o' in my 'Golden' so anyway long story short, I am now of the opinion that Gold Best is not the best name. I thought of a few other Golds (Gold Treat, Golden Horde, Golden Dollar etc) but then I went to my drawing and thought maybe the best label name might be Stage Three Tax Cuts, or perhaps Trickle Down or something like that. 

Of course the most accurate logo would be money being flushed down the toilet but who wants to see that on a record label, it's a downer. 

No comments:

steve albini died

I am affected enough by the death of Steve Albini that I just went on social media about it, though just a generic vale, not to brag that I ...