Saturday, May 20, 2023

perplexed by blogger


I was just wandering through my old gmail address (I had been suggested a random strange address by gmail when I signed up and my real name wasn't available, I used it for 3-4 years and then decided I could actually do better using my full name as my gmail address, don't know whether I regret that or not but now I have a number of things attached to that gmail address, such as this blog, and occasionally check it) and I found a notification from blogger that, a la the problem I noted in my previous post, a post of mine had been removed a few months ago (I think) as unsuitable and not conforming to blogger's standards.

I tracked down the post and examined it. It was a short, very ill-formed musing on the old revival cinemas such as the Ritz, the Valhalla, the Longford etc which I used to go to in the 70s. Blogger might have wanted to remove it for being stunningly pedestrian but I don't think that's covered in their community standards. I actually would not give a loose root if that post was deleted forever as it had no particular value and was probably written just as a prelude to possibly going forth and visiting a new Valhalla-themed event that was being publicised at the time. The raunchiest and most controversial element was the mentioning of the name of film advertised in the poster illustrated above. I would love to know what the bloggerbot objected to in that post - I've asked for it to be reviewed after I changed the s-word to an s-asterisk-x word, we'll see what happens, but then again as I check that email address about once a year, maybe we won't. 

No comments:

steve albini died

I am affected enough by the death of Steve Albini that I just went on social media about it, though just a generic vale, not to brag that I ...