Friday, March 20, 2020

krazy ii

The early Krazy Kats are really intriguing because the strip was obviously for Herriman a bit of an extra responsibility/opportunity and he didn't see the need to be consistent... I had never really appreciated that, at least on some days, Krazy ate mice (although it's not clear here whether Krazy ate Doctor Hank or just chased him away and then thought fondly about what eating him would be like).

I could be wrong but I don't think once the Krazy Kat strip got up and running as a serious concern that there was much of a cast of mice characters, though I suppose there was no restrictions on this precisely.

But the other thing that I enjoy about this strip is that there's no real sense in which Krazy can be lurking behind the horizon like that. I mean that's really bizarre, even given the difference in size between cats and mice.

No comments:

more teeth

So yesterday (Anzac Day) I became increasingly aware that I had something going on in my jaw. By late in the evening I had become convinced ...