Monday, March 23, 2020

fighting with nancy

Nancy has three teeth (a mass tooth extraction a few months ago left her with four but one fell out). She is I am sure much more comfortable but oddly she has become food obsessed in a way she has never been before. The obsession is that of a gourmet as she begs for food but is very fussy about what she does and doesn't eat. Begs is the wrong word anyway. She bites my feet when I'm in bed and runs around the top of the bed and onto the floor to get what she wants, and we have arguments but eventually it is too charming to resist. I suppose I should get her into a timing habit - in which circumstance she would probably be more inclined to eat what she's given rather than try again in a few hours for something different.

*Update 24 March: This morning around 6 she was biting my feet to get breakfast and I did something I swore I would never do to Nancy, I got up as if I was going to feed her and when she ran out the door I shut it and went back to bed. She obviously took this in her stride and when I opened the door a couple of hours later she was so under my feet it was as if she had always been there. 

No comments:

the early 70s was all juxtaposition

October 1970, everyone had their arms out in the air, from Barbra to, um, whoever that is on the left, to Thumbelina. This is from the Sprin...