Tuesday, May 21, 2013

21 May, Oulu

Oulu is the fifth biggest city in Finland and one of the largest northern cities in the world, I gather. From wikipedia, sorry, and even then I quite possibly got that wrong. It seems nice. It is all green and tech-y, with full on gradation of waste/recycling so you have about seven bins to choose from when you throw things out, and so on. Public art everywhere, mainly sculptures. I got in about three hours ago and have ridden around town once, thinking mainly about this new video I'm making (sorry) but also stuff like, where can I get a map of this place. And I possibly can't, except online.

1 comment:

Nicola said...

There is a place called Oulu10 in Torikatu 10. You can get there free maps. Ask also for the bicycle routes map, should be still free, it stretches far more than the city map and bike routes are a great way to explore the surroundings. Enjoy your stay!

return of the tree pants

  Well, actually these aren't returning they're new, and the tree never went anywhere, it's unable to do anything about this ind...