Monday, May 20, 2013

19 May pt 3 I think

Last night I was at a loose end so I took a random bus to I don't know where - somewhere beginning with M. I had a 24 hour bus ticket that would take me anywhere - seemed the cheapest option when I was making those Tapiola forays earlier in the day - and, having fallen asleep in the late afternoon for a few hours, I wanted to stay awake as long as possible to at least wake up at a reasonable time in the morning. Terrified of jetlag.

So, it was about 10:30 at night (still not quite dark) and I just took this random ride north. At a certain point I thought, well, I didn't want to have to explain to the driver when we got to the end that I just wanted to go back, he might want to have a conversation, so I got off at some point seemingly in the middle of nowhere. Forest on one side of the road, blocks of flats and a recreation reserve on the other. The next bus back wasn't for an hour but what was nice was there was a whole lot of birds still chirping in the trees. So I made a soundtrack for my Tapiola video with layered noises of birds, cars and a babbing brook (though once it was all layered, all you could really hear was the birds). I also did a bit of walking in the forest. There were quite a few people around. If it was urban Australia you'd assume they were out for trouble or something immoral generally but these people seemed to be just walking - with dogs or by themselves. I think it was fine.

Pics taken with the laptop 'photobooth':





(I think I just missed coming face to face with Edvard Munch's Scream on the bridge there. Long way from Oslo, Screamy.)

No comments:

today's pants

These ones particularly nasty