Monday, May 20, 2013

19 May 2013: pt 2


I know Tapiola is Finland’s garden suburb, or perhaps even in some respect its garden city, but I am having a hell of a time finding it. I spent some time looking at sites in a portion of Espoo tagged Pohjus-Tapiola, but really failed to grab its essence, unless its essence was so all-encompassing that it was ungraspably omnipresent (I have since come to realise that ‘pohjus’ means ‘north’). Now I am waiting at a bus stop to get the bus (which runs every hour on a Sunday) to another part of the same area – I can’t figure out how to ride between places as so much of the route is expressways – to meander there for a while. Then I might give it away for the day, having made a sort of boring but important little film about schools and houses and green space in a part of Tapiola, an ungraspable part.

I think I might have got a bit sunburnt.

I am also craving tinned peaches – is this something that happens before you have a heart attack?

No comments:

more teeth

So yesterday (Anzac Day) I became increasingly aware that I had something going on in my jaw. By late in the evening I had become convinced ...