Saturday, July 30, 2011

finally randy

Last night we went to see Randy Newman play at the State Theatre. He was incredible. The grandeur of the setting and the accompaniments by the MSO highlighted the perfunctoriness of many of the songs but at the same time their perfection. If I were a musician, and I could write one song as good as any Randy Newman song, I would feel it was worthwhile. True.

He didn't do the theme from Cop Rock, by the way.
I drank a cocktail before and a cocktail afterwards. Decadent. We ate at a greek restaurant on Southbank where an older man than me didn't realise there was a big window between him and the interior and he walked straight into the glass and fell over. I didn't see it but I heard it.

No comments:

return of the tree pants

  Well, actually these aren't returning they're new, and the tree never went anywhere, it's unable to do anything about this ind...