Friday, October 08, 2010

It took me a long time to get over the death of Silver in 2005, in the sense of no longer feeling a pang when I think about her. We had Silver for the last half of her life, and she was a stupendous and personable dog too. Millie we had since she was a puppy, so I knew her at all phases.
I realise now that she was winding down quite a bit in the last 12 months and perhaps particularly since her car accident. That said I know well that she could easily have died then (+ we might never have known what happened) and so I have to be glad that didn't happen and she had another 18 months.
I think others had a better sense of her oldness than I did. For instance last week when I was taking her to the vet I ran into John and Jill next door who seemed unconvinced by my positivity about her general good health. She was losing weight rapidly.
I am not going to go on being philosophical or at least not out loud as I have more things to think about on this topic. Well, of course, I am still missing Millie very much and this has been a terrible week. It has been a bad year for death altogether, 2010, so I hope to get to the end of it at least without another major one that impacts immediately on my day-to-day life.

Charlie is coping but confused. Kenzie is keeping her company currently.
As mentioned last week we had already decided on another dog. Barry is coming to us next week. Here is a picture of him with his mother and brother. He is the small one.

No comments:

no pants today

Today I hastened to what has become known as the pants tree to see what pants were on the tree today. Disappointingly, the pants choice repr...