Friday, September 21, 2007

port victoria

Port Victoria, on the Spencer Gulf looking out onto what I assume is the Eyre Peninsula (or a piece of land never before noticed/discovered, in which case I proclaim it Davidland), is a serene little town on the Spencer Gulf looking out onto what I assume is the Eyre Peninsula (or a piece of land never before noticed/discovered, in which case I proclaim it Davidland), is a serene little town on the Spencer Gulf... anyway as you can see it was a beautiful day, and the cafe there is run by a very friendly lady whose name I do not know.

I do notice that the South Australians are happy to name a town Port Victoria but that Victoria has not reciprocated with a Port South Australia. Let's see the Brumby government tackle this one with some determination and leadership.

This was pretty much the last stop before Snowtown (Bute was inbetween). Yes, the bank's still there. But I was surprised too because Snowtown was (as I recall) described in the press at the time of the bodies in the barrels described as a nasty little place with no redeeming features. It is actually a quite attractive town, as much as you might expect to see Russell Drysdale setting up his easel at one end of the main drag only to be mown down in mid-brushstroke by one of the grim-faced ute drivers with half-beards who hoon purposefully through the CBD. I have seen a thousand worse towns than Snowtown (half of them yesterday).

No comments:

more teeth

So yesterday (Anzac Day) I became increasingly aware that I had something going on in my jaw. By late in the evening I had become convinced ...