Sunday, January 15, 2006

whipplegong

New Estate played at the Rob Roy a Saturday afternoon (!) show I was there for most of it. They played incredibly well, though Mia broke a string in one song, but the others covered. It was lucky Mia broke the string and not Brad or Marc because purely by accident they have a song I think called 'Don't Let Go' which only those three play on. As I type this I am listening to a rough version of the new New Estate pseudo-album, Rock Shop which they are going to produce in a run of about 20 copies and sell for $2 each. It's an impromptu album which grew out of an EP. It sounds pretty amazing so far even without mastering which I believe is happening on Tuesday. The first song is one of Marc's that is going to be on the real next album. I would advise you all to come to the Old Bar and see the show.

Last night we went to Whipplegong with Annabel and had some of the best curry I have had ever, and with lime pickle no less. That reminds me I have to go and get some more tomato pickle from Pascoe Vale Road Market as we have run out. Anyway, I felt really weird in my legs, a bizarre tickley feeling which probably means I am going to have a heart attack in a few weeks. On the drive up to and back from W'gong we listened to the Panel of Judges album which is almost too good to believe. I always enjoy going to Whipplegong, the most magical place on earth. We listened to the Tenniscoats until this member of the party insisted on Goat's Head Soup, Goat's Head Soup. I wonder what that is. I regret pretending to be the voice of the carpet but I suppose I was drunk.

No comments:

maribyrnong walk yesterday

Yesterday Perry and I went to an old favourite of ours, Afton Street Conservation Reserve. At least, we tried to. I overshot trying to find ...