Tuesday, November 07, 2023

egan st richmond etc

It being horsemurder day today* Perry and I thought we'd head down to Richmond to check out some of the locations previously mentioned. 

Here's a useless one:

Useless mainly because the morning sun was too big and bright, but also some fool has grown trees in the way. Also, I wanted to get a picture of Perry in front of the sign that said Perry Palms but the Y has fallen off. 

So this place:
I didn't even show it to you before because I didn't know where it was but we happened upon it. It's a bridge across the Yarra in Abbotsford and the building behind is now the big Salvos op shop. Apparently at one stage it had an incinerator (or at least a chimney) on it which it no longer has. 

I think this is Sheila Florance outside this place in Egan st and...
Here it is today. Literally today. 

The other side of the road, at 2 and 4 Egan which as you can see has now been blown out of all proportion by I'm sure entirely appropriate renovations. 


& generally speaking, the street. 

We also walked around to the parallel st, Peers st, where I used to live in 1996, so I could show Perry that house, but I couldn't find it. It might even have been pulled down. There's nothing that corresponded to my memory of the house. 

* and also destined to get reasonably hot

No comments:

woodlands park yesterday

New build mansion in Providence Road