Friday, September 08, 2023

sydney trip ( three days ago) - 1

5 September 2023 5:52 pm


What a fuckin' day (and it's not over yet). I am at The Airport (see images for proof) and it is boring and also, after I dashed to get here, here I am with a delayed boarding time of something close to a friggin' hour. I mean, my life is important to me and I suppose I should at least be grateful I get to spend it right now communing with you.

Today I gave a lecture in the morning, and a lecture in the afternoon, and in-between had a staff meeting, and also took Perry to the Pets Hotel, which had the double discomfort of (1) feeling really guilty about parting from him for a few days, because we have a bond and he is really precious to me and (2) him just having absolutely no freakin' qualms about dashing away into the depths of the Pets Hotel (he was in fact really excited about it as soon as we got there and saw where we were). I suppose I'd rather feel guilt than him feeling guilt. Still. 

Sydney trip is really only 48 hours long (actually I suppose 50 hours) but it does seem like a hell of an intrusion on a nice life we've been having. I'll be glad when it's over and I can think about it instead of imagining all the shizzle that could go wrong in major or minor ways. Stick with me and I'll fill you in. 

No comments:

woodlands park yesterday

New build mansion in Providence Road