Tuesday, December 22, 2020

i love to wake up with my cats on the bed

So, given that, I am pretty happy most mornings, because it almost always happens (and I can guarantee at least one, Helmi, but almost always, also, Nancy). Last night I slept better than I had in weeks, I can only put it down to having discharged my (probably) final duties at work for the year. Now I just have a huge amount of writing to do, but that's OK, I like writing. As you can probably tell. Regardless of whether I'm any good at it, it's basically all I've got so be kind. 

This morning I think I was woken by some dork mowing the grass in the middle of the roundabout with a piece of equipment surely only really useful on cricket pitches or fields of hay but somehow they got it down Park Drive (airlifted maybe?) and set it to work on a tiny patch more suited to manscaping equipment than the giant tractor they used on it. (Have I mentioned to you how much I despise all the manscaping ads I am currently being exposed to? Ugh, fuck off). 

Nancy, disturbed by noise
Helmi, observing Nancy being disturbed by noise
Helmi trying to avoid reality of that which makes the noise. 

No comments:

woodlands park yesterday

New build mansion in Providence Road