Thursday, December 29, 2016

the good wife

I am about a third of the way through series 3 of The Good Wife, and I still don't know how I feel about it. I am consistently confused about why I'm watching it and how much longer I will keep going on it. I have been told that I am about to hit the pay dirt of the best seasons (like, 3-5 or something) and I've invested a lot of time in the show now. But I am still uncertain if I'll persist all things considered.

Eli Gold is a pretty fun character and I like a lot of the incidental characters too. But it's less of a soap opera than my real life. Maybe I need something more escapist.

(The blurb on the ridiculously named Stan, the on-demand service I watch The Good Wife on, says 'A disgraced wife returns to work as a lawyer after her husband is imprisoned following a scandal. After starting her own firm, she is convinced to run for State's Attorney, the position once infamously held by her husband.' Crazy talk. Firstly, she's not disgraced, her husband is/was, unless she gets disgraced later; I'm up to ep 7 series 3, and the other things in the blurb haven't happened yet... weird). 

No comments:

eight years ago: warhol wei wei at the ngv, with robert forster

OK, this is an exhibition which I think many people will have fond memories of, judging by its extraordinary success at the time, and even ...